What is IELTS ?
IELTS is the acronym of ” International English Language Testing System ” . It is a globally – recognized test for English language .
By taking an IELTS test , one will receive a test report that is recognized and accepted by thousands of institutions around the world, including companies, universities, professional bodies and government agencies.
Through IELTS, one can gain better knowledge of the English that one needs. IELTS is popular worldwide with speakers of English as a second language as proof of their proficiency.
Providing proof of one’s language proficiency is an important step in obtaining a Visa so that one can work abroad. Language skills are key to career success and are considered a valuable asset in addition to all other requirements of any job.
IELTS is mainly needed for the countries like Canada, UK, New Zealand, US, Australia.
What is Cue Card in IELTS ?
For the IELTS Speaking section of your IELTS exam, you are given 1 minute by the examiner to prepare yourself to talk about a specific topic. This topic will be called a cue. The topic as well as instructions about the topic are written as a guide on the cue card.
Candidates must say at first whether they agree or disagree this statement .
If you want to go with the statement , you must say, “ Yes , I do agree that One Nation One Education ” is the crying need for Indian education system in 2020 .
If you do not agree , then you will simply say , ” No , I don’t think that One Nation One Education ” is the pressing need for Indian Education System in 2020 .
How many Types of Cue Card are there in IELTS ?
1. IELTS Cue Cards that ask you to describe an EVENT IN THE PAST .
2. IELTS Cue cards that ask you to describe a PERSON .
3. IELTS Cue Cards that ask you to describe a HABIT.
4. IELTS Cue Cards that ask you to describe an OBJECT.
5. IELTS Cue Cards that ask you to describe a PLACE .
6. IELTS Cue Cards that ask you to describe a HYPOTHETICAL DESIRE .
7. IELTS Cue Cards that ask you to describe a FAVOURITE THING .
8. IELTS Cue Cards that ask you to describe a CULTURAL EVENT / ITEM
9. IELTS Cue Cards that ask you to describe something CRAZY
Most Important Cue Card Topics for 2020 in IELTS ( According to IG Spoken English Online ) :-
- Describe a film/movie you would like to share with your friends.
- Describe a challenging thing you did.
- Describe a place where you can read and write (not your home).
- Describe an incident/situation when someone apologized to you.
- Describe a change that can improve your local area.
- Talk about a time when you were with people and you got bored.
- Talk about a person who taught you something.
- Describe an occasion when weather prevented your activity.
- Talk about a toy which you enjoyed the most in your childhood.
- Describe a dream place/home that you’d like to live in the future.
- Describe a time when you were excited.
- Describe a place you remember well and it was colourful.
- Talk about a historical building you visited recently.
- Describe a time you were a member of a team on sport/work.
- Describe something which you borrowed was useful.
- Describe an interesting conversation you had.
- Describe a goal that you set in your life.
- Describe a new public place/building you would like to visit.
- Describe a person who is good at his/her work.
- Describe an important a text message you received.
- Describe a time of seeing interesting animals/birds.
- Describe a crowded place you’ve been to
- Describe a successful small company.
- Describe an article you read from internet or magazines about healthy life.
- Describe a situation when you helped someone.
- Describe a practical skill(driving, swimming…) you learned recently.
- Describe a performance you enjoyed watching.
- Describe a family member you spend most time with.
- Describe a job that you would not like to do in the future.
- Describe an occasion when you could not use your mobile phone.
- Describe a journey which you used public transport.
- Describe a time that something good happened to you.
- Describe a person who is often in the news, and who you would like to meet.
- Describe a uniform (school or company) you once wore.
- Describe a challenge you faced recently. Describe a situation when you helped someone in work or study.
- Describe a time when you did not tell a friend the truth.
- A leisure activity you have done with your family.
- Describe a beautiful sky you enjoyed seeing/watching.
- Describe a trip with your friends which you enjoyed a lot.
- Describe something special you brought back home from a holiday.
- Talk about a place where you used to play at when you were a child.
- Talk about a famous person in another country whom you want to meet in future.
- Describe a special day that you remember well.
- Describe a person who encouraged you to achieve a goal recently.
- Talk about a singer or music band you know.
- A leisure activity you have done with your family.
- Describe something which you borrowed from your friend or family member.
- Describe an advertisement you have watched and will never forget.
- Describe an important technological product you bought.
- Describe a situation that your vehicle broke down during your travel.
- Talk about a situation when you celebrated your achievement.
- Describe a time you were sleepy but had to stay awake.
- Describe a picture or photograph you like in your room.
- Describe a person who has creative ideas and opinions.
- Describe an indoor activity that you would like to play. Talk about a female leader.
- Describe a photograph or picture in your home.
- Talk about a product or application based on Artificial Intelligence.
- Talk about a small business you would like to open.
- Describe a place where you want to read and write, apart from your home.
- Talk about a person you think has interesting ideas and opinion.
- Describe an occasion when you get up early.
- Talk about a Time when was the first time you admired the Sky.
- Describe a Newly built facility (such as a cinema or garden) that improves quality in your city.
- Talk about a celebration organized after an achievement.
- Describe a Gift which you spent a long time to Choose/Make.
- Talk about a film you would like to discuss which your Friends.
- Describe a time when you first met someone.
- Talk about an advertisement that you remember.
- Describe your Favorite Food.
- Talk about your hometown.
- Describe some good advice about choosing a job or subject.
- Talk about a place where you feel crowded.
- A time when you moved to a new house or new school.
- Talk about a positive change in your life.
- Describe an organization or company where you live and it employs a lot of people.
- Talk about an appointment that was put ahead of schedule.
- Describe a bicycle tour.
- Talk about an occasion waiting for someone.
- Describe a kind of foreign food you tried.
- Talk about a kind of weather that you like.
- Describe a part of your city that is changing.
- Talk about a Popular Teacher that you know.
- Describe a Advise you received.
- Talk about a time when you borrowing something.
- Describe a new public building you want to visit.
- Talk about an important conversation.
- Describe a day you remember well.
- Talk about a Day that would make you happy.
- Describe a time when you feel bored. Talk about a time when you getting up early.
- Describe a time when you gave the gift to someone.
- Talk about your favorite Game.
- Describe a leisure activity you like doing.
- Talk about an experience when you losing something.
- Describe a time when you lying to your friend.
- Talk about when you meeting someone for the first time.
- Describe a person who travels by plane a lot.
- Talk about a person who is good at his/her job.
- Describe a place full of colors.
- Describe a school which you went to.
- Talk about a night when you could not sleep/stay awake.
- Describe your Favorite Toy in your childhood.
- Describe a good law in your country
- Talk about your favorite place for shopping
- Talk about a place where you would like to study
- Talk about a thing you complained about something
- Talk about a beautiful city
- Talk about a skill that takes a long time to learn
- Describe something that is made with your hand for your friend
- Talk about the happiest situation in your life
- Describe a time when you searched for information from the internet
- Describe a time when you someone gave you something you really wanted
- Talk about a recent activity that made you happy
- Describe something that helps you in concentration
- Describe a time when you had to change your plan
- Describe a memorable story told by someone
- Describe something you did to help others
- Talk about an exciting book you read
- Talk about a situation where you had to be polite
- Describe a time when you were cheated
- Talk about an old person you met
- Describe a country in which you would like to work for a short time
- Describe a recent news you heard recently
- Talk about a public facility that improves local life quality
- Describe a time when you found something someone lost
- Describe a time when you got up extremely early
- Talk about a time when you gave advice to someone
- Talk about a foreign language you want to learn
- Talk about a TV program that made you laugh a lot
Justify your statement :-
This is the most crucial part for a candidate to justify the statement s/he made either in favor or against the the core question .
This justification must be very convincing to the interviewer and this part of justification should be very much logical .
About the Author
Hi ! I am Indrajit Ganguly. I train students and professional to learn Spoken English via online classes. I am also a Blogger and loves to write article which attracts me.